Homelessness is a state of existence without adequate shelter, family and social support. Homelessness is the result of political, economic and social factors. Young women in particular are more susceptible to homelessness and exploitation.
Karinya Young Women’s Service is committed to:
- The equal status of women in society
- Positively changing society’s attitude towards young women – socially, politically and economically
- Working with young women towards self-determination and personal empowerment
- Working with young women regardless of race, culture, socio-economic background or sexuality
- Providing a safe place for young women seeking refuge